Monday, April 30, 2007

Tokyo and Countryside.

We went to our last longer trip to Tokyo on friday. We left Osaka around 7 and arrived at Tokyo around 10. There we met Miho and she took us to the "finnish" moomin-café which had some very strange fingrish(not so good finnish) and the ryebread was not very finnish-like, but it was still better than the usual bread here. Menu was full of totally non-finnish treats. One execption to this was the ham-pie which was exactly like the one in finland. NO-one knew finnish in the café.

After walking around we left Tokyo and went to Miho's Uncle's place in Saitama prefecture. We met her uncle Gio(if this name is written wrong, I'm sorry) at the station and from there we went by car to his house. There we met Gio's wife and other relatives of Miho like her cousin Naomi(same name, I know), Naomi's kid Maiya and her other cousin's children Reika(Rei-chan) and Kodayu(Ko-chan). I'm sorry if I don't remember everyone's names but I'm really bad at remembering names.

The Next day we went for the mountains by car and there we saw lot of things I don't have pictures of we also visited a dam made for watering the rice-plants. ReLe hopefully has them and posts them someday. We had a lot of fun and this was the best time I've had here yet. I loved the liveliness of the family and the friendliness of everyone. Thank you very much for taking us in for the weekend!

The next day we went back to Tokyo and met Miho's husband Hiroshi ant the station and then we met wiht her friend(again, sorry I can't remember her name) and she spoke really good english. We went for a observation platform in one of the skyscrapers and we saw mt.Fuji from there.

After a long day we said good bye to Miho and Hisoshi and went back to Osaka. Thank you Miho and Hiroshi for everything!

Moomin bakery&café

ReLe at Tokyo.
Yonster and ReLe posing at Gios's brother-in-laws place.

Nice tea-set.


Gio and Ko-chan.

Group photo. I can't remember all the names so I will not try to put them here.


ReLe and Yonster with angry pose.


My dish at family restaurant.


ReLe and Yonster posing at the Dam we visited at the mountains.


C.C. Lemon and the sun.



Now we have to leave Japan and it makes me depressed. I loved to be here. I felt like I belonged here and for the first time ever while abroad I did not miss Finland. Now I have to go back to place where you have to pay too much tax for everything and where most young people are rude and annoying.

Finland could learn a lot from Japanese people.

No comments: